Friday, November 8, 2013

It's Random Friday!

Yes, folks....it's that time again..."Random Friday!"

So what do I have this week....hmmmm.

I thought I would post a little about my children's books/ stories.


Children's Books / Stories

The first children's story I wrote is called, "The Last Little Rhino." It is pretty self explanatory. The story is about the last rhino in the world. But the little rhino has a trick up his sleeve. Is he really the last little rhino?

My second children's story is titled, "Ivan The Terrible Loveable." This story is about a 5 year old boy that LOVES pets. Any pets. Neighborhood pets, pet store pets, zoo pets, park pets, and any and all pets. However, Ivan isn't very gentle and has to leaarn how to be nice to the little critters.

I also wrote, "I Babysit A Bottomless Pit", "Kookaburra Roo", "Until I'm Not I am", "Happy Stew", "Zoo Doo", "Two Foots Is A Feet", "Born This Way", "Arza And The Universe", "Hippo Hill", "The Butterfly Wish", "My Gorilla Grool", "Runyins", "Baboonies", "Birkley", "Hubbel", "Muddy Smiles", "If Animals Were...", and a bunch of others.
I guess I have enough work to keep me busy for a lifetime.

Here is a collage of some of the "placeholder art" covers. Sorry that the images are so small. I did that on purpose because I don't want placeholder art floating out there on the web.



* None of my children's stories are published as of yet. Some have pages of artwork and rough sketches, and others not so much. Most of the artwork is placeholder art until I can really focus on how I want the visuals to look....However, the character design is pretty close. I make sure that I have the character looking close to the final so I can visualize him/her during the writing process.


Now that online publishing tech is here and very accessable, the game has changed. The publishing world has changed. I no longer have to think that success lies within a publishing house. Now, the publishng world is wide open, the sky is the limit, and the possibilities are endless.

...isn't that so cool?

My obstacle right now is "time". If I can find the time....I can finally finish illustrating these awesome little adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment